A hearth broke out at a multi-storey residential-cum-commercial constructing in Noida on Friday night time, officers mentioned.
No particular person was injured within the fireplace which broke out round 10 PM within the crowded Bhangel space, prompting deployment of firefighters and native police on the spot instantly, they mentioned.
The fireplace is suspected to have began from an ATM kiosk on the bottom ground earlier than spreading into the opposite flooring of the four-storey constructing which has some flats within the higher half and outlets within the decrease half, the officers mentioned.
“Fireplace service officers together with water tenders had been rushed to the spot. The fireplace was introduced below management in half an hour. A big a part of the constructing was saved from destruction as the fireplace was contained to the outer facet of the constructing,” a hearth official mentioned.
No particular person was harm within the incident and the firefighters prevented it from spreading into adjoining buildings additionally, the official added.
Over 600 incidents of fireplace have been reported in Gautam Buddh Nagar until April finish this 12 months, with the Fireplace Service division holding greater than 100 consciousness campaigns throughout Noida and Larger Noida, in keeping with official figures.
(Apart from the headline, this story has not been edited by IHNS employees and is revealed from a syndicated feed.)